Farmer Kitty

Let's Talk Cows

Forums

Forum Home > My Family and My Cows > Our Fair Results!

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Jess and I have stuff on exhibit at the Central Wisconsin State Fair this weekend. Judging was the last two days. While the Junior fair is only open to the youth from this county the open class is open to everyone so there was lots of competition! Open class here only places the top 4. Jess and I both showed in open class.

Our pics didn't place. I was able to be there for a good chunck of the judging and learned some tips that will help next year. Things to make a good pic into one that will catch the judge's eye. Plus, I learned that we can crop and color adjust our pics. We thought they had to be as taken. No cropping. While no ribbons, it was a good experience.

Jess beat me in the strawberry jams. She placed 4th with the only batch of jam she has ever made on her own. She has helped prepare the fruit before and I made her help me with the batch before so she would know more of what to do. Then she made her batch, by herself. She didn't really need me around to answer any questions either. That's the end of what Jess has at the fair.

Here's the rest of my canned goods:

Strawberry jam- No placement

Peach jam- 4th

Raspberry jam- No placement

Greenbeans- couldn't find

Canned Chicken-2nd

Watermelon pickles-3rd

Beet pickles-couldn't find

Tomatoes-No placement

The canned stuff is kept in cupboards with locked glass doors. It is not easy to see stuff not right at the front edge and thus why I couldn't find a couple things.

The last project I had was a baby quilt. I entered it because I like the quilt alot and thought it wasn't to bad for someone who didn't really sew before last fall much less quilt. There were 6-8 other baby quilts hand tied (didn't get a chance to count them and they had just finished judging when we got back to the fair last night so things were disorganized). I really can not complain about the placement!

A FIRST!

--

1 DH, 2 daughters (Jess(or KK) and Peanut), Dairy cows, Chickens, 2 bunnies, 1 St. Bernard dog, 4 orses, and numerous kitties.

September 4, 2009 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mare

well looks to me you did a great job!!!!! Congrats on the winnings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But what do you mean you couldn't find greenbeans,and the beets. Did the judges eat them ????

September 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Thank you!

No, they are kept in a crowded glass case that is several rows deep of canned goods. It's just hard to find everything.

--

1 DH, 2 daughters (Jess(or KK) and Peanut), Dairy cows, Chickens, 2 bunnies, 1 St. Bernard dog, 4 orses, and numerous kitties.

September 4, 2009 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bob!

Congrats Kitty and Jess!

--

I must be blinder than I thought! It's winter and I NEVER saw any fall Beefmaster pictures.

September 4, 2009 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Thank you!

--

September 4, 2009 at 9:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

laughingllama75

Congratulations!!!!!!

September 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Thank you!

I've already started taking pics for next year. Next will be the brain storming on other projects! :D

--

September 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

yall did great at the fair congrats.

September 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Thank you!

--

September 5, 2009 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day