Farmer Kitty

Let's Talk Cows

Forums

Forum Home > My Family and My Cows > Good Morning--Chat 8

scott

still trying to get the rest of the hay baled.its nice and warm here today.ready to get MY tractor home.

November 3, 2017 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

91? You could share some of that warmth! We are lucky to hit 40 these days. And it's so damp! I'm tired of being cold! 

Work is going good. I learned the trick to pulling two carts of linen yesterday. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. Just don't ask me to stop them quick. It's not happening. Not even one at a time stops quick. I was told the tower carts weigh in at 750 pounds a piece when loaded. With that kind of weight, they don't stop quickly when we get rolling. Another reason to start so early in the morning. Very little foot traffic. The mid-shift run on Friday has more foot traffic making it more challenging and slower. 

--

1 DH, 2 daughters (Jess(or KK) and Peanut), Dairy cows, Chickens, 2 bunnies, 1 St. Bernard dog, 4 orses, and numerous kitties.

November 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

with as little as you are better be careful pulling 2 loaded carts.loaded they are hard to stop as the load keeps them going farward.hay baling is done.ended up with 390 5 by 6 bales and 120 4 by 6 bales.got the job to haul 610 bales to the yard.plus we have alot of hay close to haul in.

November 6, 2017 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

im sure messed up went shopping the other day.pushed the buggy and made my upper body real sore.the tractor battery died so i have to replace it.its still cool here.

November 9, 2017 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Our weather turned....Yesterday morning it was 5F! This morning we were at 27F, much better. Our highs as suppose to return to the 40s this week. We will see. I know this cold weather is killing my foot! 

Scott, would you like to replace another battery? The one in the Ford is dead... Take care of yourself! 

DH and the girls went Christmas shopping today. I am just about done. Just a few little items left. :) This is the earliest I've ever been this far! 

--

1 DH, 2 daughters (Jess(or KK) and Peanut), Dairy cows, Chickens, 2 bunnies, 1 St. Bernard dog, 4 orses, and numerous kitties.

November 11, 2017 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

its cool and damp here.feeling some better but its  a slow go.now mom is sick.dont know if we will even go to zibbletts party.fished christmas shopping here a long time ago.no wanna replace the quick attach on the loader.we have enough wood for winter now i hope.i dont know that i can see gary christmas shopping.

November 15, 2017 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

feeling alot better now.hopefully we get to go to zibbletts bday party sat.now she is in the terrable 2s lolol.cows are eating hay.dont know what we are doing for thanksgiving.mom will probly cook a stew.but i dont eat stew.

November 16, 2017 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

I have Thanksgiving off. The trade off is I work Christmas. Well, the day before. We don't normally work weekends but, we will work Sunday instead of Christmas Monday. It sounds like only four hours. So, by the time most people are getting going for the day, I will have work done and behind me...lol

The weather has been in the upper 30's and low 40's this week. Cloudy, mist/rain, and windy. This weekend will bring a change. Colder... :( 

--

November 16, 2017 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

its been warm here.but the weather has gotten cold so we are building tthe 1st fire of the year.all of us are sick here.think we have had the flu but dont know.

November 19, 2017 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Scott, take care and feel better soon!

--

November 20, 2017 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

Rifle season is over! DH and KK are deerless. KK's BF got a nice buck. 

Peanut and I put up the Christmas Tree and decorated yesterday. :) Christmas shopping is done! :) Wrapping is started. I'm a head of schedule! 

--

November 27, 2017 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

im feeling alot better.still not eating very much as nothing sounds or taste good.got the ignition switch on the tractor fixed.found out to replace the quick attach on the loader is $1400.so going to try to fix it here.if that dont work will replace it.yall will have plenty of vension to eat this winter.

November 28, 2017 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

well im here somewhere.sold a  bunch of calves yesterday.did ok on them considering they was in a feed trap for 90 days.its still nice here cool nites and warm days.makes me wonder when its going to get cold.

November 30, 2017 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

the calves did ok in the special sale considering they sold 15,000 hd in 2 sales.going to get cold here.im feeling back to me now.

December 4, 2017 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

well its going to get real cold tonite.so that means my back will be screaming.oart of my body wearing out.

December 7, 2017 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

No venison here.

Cold weather? We went from mid to upper 50s on Monday to 17 and windy on Tuesday. Windchills were in the single digits. Now there is enough white stuff to cover things and make it look cold. I think we were to get into the mid 20s today. 

I've been busy today getting Christmas cards done and getting Christmas presents made.

--

December 9, 2017 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day