Farmer Kitty

Let's Talk Cows

Forums

Forum Home > My Family and My Cows > Good Morning--Chat 8

scott

got  the baler fixed.so nephew baled 48 bales yesterday.still have alot down.so they will bale this afternoon.if things work out we will have all our hay in 1 cutting.we are supposed to bale a place on the halves if it dont fall through.

June 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

We had storms last night. No haying today. 

KK is at her second fire call. 

--

1 DH, 2 daughters (Jess(or KK) and Peanut), Dairy cows, Chickens, 2 bunnies, 1 St. Bernard dog, 4 orses, and numerous kitties.

June 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

My thoughts and prayers go out to those involved with yesterday's events. 

We are suppose to have a dry day today. We'll see.

--

1 DH, 2 daughters (Jess(or KK) and Peanut), Dairy cows, Chickens, 2 bunnies, 1 St. Bernard dog, 4 orses, and numerous kitties.

June 15, 2017 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

yesterday was a bad deal.its still hot and clear here.nephew  went and checked the bottom meadows.guess we will move to them pretty quick.then to a 150ac meadow if it dont fall through.supposed to have a 2000  f350 7.3 diesel crewcab   4x4 coming in sometime monday.need to get the hay hauled in.will have room to put grunts and ajax in the back seat now.

June 15, 2017 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

we are cutting what i thought was a big meadow now.but they say its less than 60acs.dont see how itll make 200 bales with the big baler.but we will see.i bet they are ready tobe done baling hay.this is the 2nd week in the field.and may have another to go.

June 16, 2017 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

time to start baling again.hope they get it done before/if it rains.still have maybe 50acs left to bale.will end up with close to enough for the winter.

June 17, 2017 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

It's good that you will have your winter hay done. 

They are still plugging away at chopping. Rain keeps coming and interferring. I guess today they got 6 loads in. Silo is roughly 2/3 full. 

--

June 17, 2017 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

they say we are supposed to get rain monday.so im hoping like a son of a gun that they can finish before it rains.sounds like yall are almost done chopping.

June 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

we got the rain they was talking about almost an inch wich is real good.

June 19, 2017 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

well we had a nice cool morning.but now its heated up.went to town early can stay in now.my back is wanting to flare up.so im taking it easy.

June 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

We still have another silo to go. Either the day starts rainy and rains enough the hay won't go. Or it starts sunny and it rains about the time the hay would go. Just can't seem to win. Not sure how one is suppose to bale hay with this weather...

--

June 21, 2017 at 9:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

the only other thing yall could do is bale it wet and wrapp it and make baleage out of it.i would do that again here because now you can the bales as singles and not put 35 in a 400ft long bag.yes that shows my age.did DH  get big ugley back up and running.

June 21, 2017 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

im up and moving slow.we are damp here supposed tobe wet the next few days.supposed to get the dually today.had to go pick it up.

June 22, 2017 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

We need feed for the cows in the barn. I brought up making balage for the heifers this year. Not sure what will happen. The big ugly is still down. And so is the big green and yellow thing sitting in the drive that he borrowed from the neighbor but, has to fix it first. 

I had the car in yesterday for an oil change and brake work. They got the oil changed and discovered they were sent the wrong brake pads. It's suppose to go back in tomorrow for brakes and a tierod. Yippee! 

More rain today. The town 20 miles north of here (where I work), is flooding. The zoo has two ponds that are overflowing and the park itself has a lot of territory under water. Some of the streets are closed where they are underwater. More rain expected for the rest of the day and into tonight. 

--

June 22, 2017 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Farmer Kitty
Site Owner

I take the car in for it's brake work today. It'll be interesting to see how town is today...

--

June 23, 2017 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

sounds like yall are having 1 of those days.nephew flew into new mexico to pick the 1 ton wed nite.it had a problem tobe fixed.so he was late getting on the road yesterday.so he supposed to of gotten home around 3am.but thats what hap[pens when you buy at auctions.

June 23, 2017 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott

the 1 ton is home.she looks real good.had to put a new shock on the drivers side.its way to quiet i can barely hear it running..will have to pull the cargo bed off and put the flatbed on it.its a superduty f350.she got 14 mpg coming home.

June 24, 2017 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day